Farm Manager - South AustraliaAgriJobs - Mannum SA
Our client is a leading large scale horticultural farm located close to Mannum in South Australia. They currently produce carrots and onions under centre pivot irrigation and are seeking an experienced Farm Manager.
Reporting to the Director you will be involved in key establishment, operational and harvesting aspects of the farm.
- Manage property operating procedures
- Ensure production goals are met on time and within budget
- Land preparation prior to planting
- Planting and establishing carrots and onions under pivot irrigation.
- People Management and ability to train others
- General tractor work and Machinery operation
- Irrigation scheduling and maintenance
- Weed control
- Pest Control
- Harvesting operations
- Coordinate logistics for equipment and other resources
The ideal candidate will have;
- Experience as Farm Manager of pivot irrigated row crops in Agriculture/Horticulture.
- Experience in planning, forecasting and budgets
- Experience in horticultural vegetable production
- Experience in GPS controlled machinery and software
- Current licenses including forklift and Heavy Vehicle would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of large scale pivot irrigation including automated control systems.
- Operation of various agricultural implements used in large scale horticulture operations (Tractors up to 200hp) (36m boom spray)
- Planting and establishment experience, irrigation, pest and disease management including experience of spray equipment.
- Applicants must be physically fit, prepared to outdoors and be willing to learn aspects of the position.
An attractive salary in line with experience will be offered to attract candidates of the highest caliber.
- Oakville Potatoes - Nildottie SA
- AgriJobs - Ayr QLD
- AgriJobs - Rockhampton QLD
- Agrijobs Australia - Townsville QLD