ELECTRICAL APPRENTICESHIPSWestern Power - Perth WA
Connecting People with Electricity, Connecting you with Career Opportunities.
We are seeking safety conscious, enthusiastic and talented people to join our business to complete a four year Electrical Apprenticeship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to complete an Apprenticeship at one of the state’s largest employers, gaining best practice training and development in excellent working conditions.
Recognised as a world-class, commercial electricity network and system management business, Western Power builds, maintains and operates the electricity network in the south west corner of Western Australia.
Under the leadership of Qualified Tradespeople and Team Coordinators the Western Power Apprenticeship Program offers you the chance to participate in structured training towards a nationally recognised trade qualification.
The Apprenticeship Program comprises of 4 years comprehensive training provided both in the field and at TAFE, building the perfect foundation to launch your career as a Qualified Electrician.
As an Apprentice you will be expected to operate safely and effectively, working towards all set competencies for attainment of your trade qualification while completing six monthly mandatory rotations in areas including:
• Substation Maintenance Transmission and Distribution
• Construction and Electrical Workshop
• DC Systems
• HV lab/cables
You will be willing and keen to learn, have the ability to communicate effectively and understand the importance of working in a safe and supportive environment.
If you like interesting work that’s truly appreciated by your local community, we’re the kind of employer you’re looking for.
• Successfully completed Year 11 or post secondary equivalents in Maths, English and Science
• Valid WA Driver’s License Class “C” or “C – A”
• Eligible to work in Australia
• Completion of a relevant Pre-Apprenticeship Program
If you’re committed to safety, driven towards excellence and have a can do attitude then please submit an online application at www.westernpowercareers.com.au or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All short-listed candidates will be invited to attend a series of assessments as part of the selection process.
Applications are not eligible for the Western Power Referral Program.
Applications close Friday, 27th September 2013.
Related job searches
Perth WA jobs
- St John Ambulance WA - Perth WAWe're looking for a self-directed Purchasing Officer to join our dynamic Purchasing team with an overall objective of planning, organising and scheduling the...about 2 hours ago - save job - - more...
- Autism Association of WA - Perth WAThe Autism Association of Western Australia is one of Australia’s largest Autism specific service providers. The Association provides services to individuals...about 2 hours ago - save job - - more...
- Woodside - Perth WAWoodside Energy Ltd. (WEL) is Australia's largest publicly listed oil and gas exploration and production company. Our Vision is to be a world-class LNG...about 2 hours ago - save job - - more...
Western Power jobs
LINEWORKER-newWestern Power - Busselton WAexpertise at Western Power....about 3 hours ago - save job - - more...
- Western Power - Perth WAIn this role you will take full responsibility for the development, implementation and evaluation of effective change management strategies and plans to...about 24 hours ago - save job - - more...
- Western Power - Perth WAYou’ll be responsible for managing the activities of the Property team and tasked with developing and maintaining processes associated with the acquisition,...about 24 hours ago - save job - - more...